2013-2020 Subaru BRZ
2013 - 2016 Scion FR-S
2013-2020 Toyota GT86 (ROW application)
2017-2020 Toyota 86
The Mishimoto Baffled Oil Catch Can Kit is designed and engineered to work on your BRZ/86 to eliminate harmful blow by vapors from re-entering your engine. The FA20 in the BRZ/86 utilizes a slightly different type of direct injection system that also uses port fuel injectors to help reduce carbon buildup. Even though carbon buildup isn't as severe as most direct-injected engines, there is still enough that you will need this catch can kit to help your boxer engine run its best.
Thousands of test miles were logged on a Subaru BRZ to determine what can setup would work the best. Mishimoto engineers found that most vehicles, placing the catch can in the vacuum assisted PCV system of the vehicle will yield the most amount of oil accumulation during normal and aggressive driving. Where a catch can placed on the crankcase vent system on the front of the engine will yield nearly no accumulation on stock or modified vehicles. Having only one catch can, tied into the PCV system on the back of the engine will, by far, work the best for the vast majority of BRZ/86 vehicles on the road. Mishimoto engineers found that a second catch can on the crankcase vent side will only be beneficial for vehicles with forced induction.
The Mishimoto BRZ/86 catch can kit uses the Mishimoto 2-Port Compact Baffled Oil Catch Can with a bronze filter, and internal baffled to better separate the oil from the crankcase vapors. It also includes one direct fit mounting bracket that not only is extremely easy to install but also fits right hand drive as well! The BRZ/86 catch can kit comes with two direct fit hoses designed to fit right onto the 10mm PCV valve and into the 12mm port on the intake manifold. Two CNC-machined aluminum, in barb fittings connect the hoses to the can. And, like every Mishimoto oil catch can, this baffled catch can kit comes with the Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty!
- Direct fit for the 2013-2020 Subaru BRZ, Toyota GT-86, and Scion FR-S
- Single can mounts in line with the PCV system to separate oil from air using a 50-micron bronze filter
- Helps reduce carbon buildup on intake valves
- Patented billet 6061 aluminum can sealed with Viton O-rings
- Installs in under 30 minutes
- Filter and robust, application-specific bracket mounts the can in a serviceable location
- Includes pre-molded hoses for simplified installation
- Defends intake system and essential engine components from oil blow-by
- CNC-machined aluminum barbed fittings ensure a sturdy connection between lines and can
- Catch can has a 3 oz. capacity for longer servicing intervals
- Internal air diverter increases air turbulence to improve oil separation
- Helps maintain proper octane levels to reduce potential detonation
- Filter and can are fully serviceable
- Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty
- Compact Baffled Oil Catch Can x 1
- Application-Specific Mounting Bracket x 1
- Direct-Fit Hoses x 2
- 1/2-in Aluminum Barbed Fittings x 2
- Worm Gear Clamps x 3
- Mounting Hardware
- Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty
- This product fits both manual and automatic transmission vehicles.
- This product fits both LHD and RHD vehicles
- After installation, Mishimoto recommends checking the contents of the Mishimoto baffled catch can every 1,000 miles until a baseline is established. Oil blow-by accumulation will vary with ambient temperatures and driving conditions. It is important that the contents of the can do not rise above the internal baffle