My Cart: 0 item(s)
DescriptionNotes: Step1 (SS-Cam) Base radius 32mm
Duration: 272 deg
Valve Lift: 8.7
Designed Valve Timing: 110 deg
Pursuit of the original function of the cam. That is HKS's commitment to high-performance cams.
- This is the development concept that HKS has used to bring cam parts to the world. It goes without saying that we want to create a cam that will truly satisfy the customers who use it. But it is easier said than done. As a result of pursuing a specific answer, the answer we arrived at was "Pursuit of the original function of the cam (how much air can be smoothly taken into and discharged from the cylinder) = a high-performance cam."
- HKS SS-CAM is basically designed to achieve the optimum valve timing that can demonstrate performance even by simply replacing the stock cam on the assumption that the cylinder head is not processed and the genuine valve spring is used.
- By changing the cam, the cam opening and lift amount will change, and the optimum valve timing will also change. With HKS SS-CAM, the optimal valve timing "designed valve timing" is determined from engine bench tests in advance, and the position of the dowel pin is shifted in advance, so it is designed to demonstrate sufficient performance just by replacing with the genuine cam.
- lift makes the output even higher than SS-CAM. However, it is necessary to replace with a reinforced valve spring (recess processing of the piston and relief processing of the cylinder head for RB26).
- Camshaft for higher output and higher rotation than STEP2. The following special parts need to be replaced. (SR20): HKS Rush Killer Kit, need to replace with reinforced valve springs.