Complete front AP Racing by Essex Road Brake Kit for the Toyota GR Supra:
- Painted calipers with dust boots add durability in inclement weather conditions
- Low noise, vibration, and harshness for a very OE-like experience during daily driving
- Features AP Racing CP9562 World Radi-CAL II six piston calipers with a red, black, or silver painted finish
- Leverages 380x36mm, 72 vane AP Racing J Hook discs
- Utilizes large volume brake pads for heat absorption and longevity
- No unsprung weight gain over the OEM GR Supra brakes, despite being considerably larger
- Pistons sized properly to maintain proper brake bias and work with the OEM master cylinder and ABS system
- Designed to mate with our J Hook OEM rear replacement discs
WHAT'S IN THE BOX?
- One pair AP Racing CP9562 World Radi-CAL II six piston calipers
- One pair 380x36mm AP Racing CP7177, 72 vane, J Hook discs, with fully floating 6061 hard anodized aluminum hats, and attachment hardware
- One pair caliper mounting brackets and hardware
- One pair Spiegler Stainless Steel Brake Lines with abrasion resistant coating
- One set of Ferodo DS2500 Brake Pads
- Detailed installation instructions
"Radi-CAL" is a blanket term used to describe AP Racing’s patented asymmetrical brake caliper design. Radi-Cal technology is grounded in Computer Aided Design (CAD) and Finite Element Analysis (FEA), and allows for organic, alien-looking designs that are a radical departure from conventional caliper designs of the past. Radi-CAL's are widely considered the pinnacle of current brake caliper technology. Since their inception in 2007, these revolutionary calipers have amassed a lengthy string of race victories at all levels of professional motorsport, while redefining brake performance expectations.
The key benefits of the Radi-CAL design:
- Massive Stiffness Increase- A 30+ % increase in both static and dynamic stiffness vs. conventional calipers allows for far less deflection under load, which means superior pedal feel & modulation, more even pad wear, and longer caliper service life.
- Considerable Mass Reduction- Removing all extraneous caliper mass lowers the caliper weight, despite the huge stiffness increases.
- Optimized Airflow- Air moves around and through the caliper more efficiently, providing superior heat evacuation and cooling.
- Efficient Packaging - The asymmetric caliper profile allows the caliper to fit into tighter spaces.