Package includes 20 hex socket headed studs
Having a hard time mounting wheels with those oem wheel bolts? or just sick of how ugly they are?
This Wheel Mate Wheel Stud Conversion Pack is a perfect solution. Just install these on your OEM wheel hubs and start using lug nuts instead of those annoying wheel bolts. Each stud is easily installed using a conventional allen wrench. This will make wheel swapping and mounting much easier and faster whether at home or at the track. You'll also be able to use a variety of lug nuts in conjunction with your wheels. No longer will you need to use dull wheel bolts if you've upgraded your wheels. Once installed, any 12x1.5mm lug nut will be compatible with these studs.Stud Specifications
Thread Pitch (car): 14x1.5mm
Conversion Pitch: 12x1.5mm
Overall Length: 45mm
Fits the following applications:
Audi A4 98-00, A6 96-08, A8 98-08, S4 01-08, TT 00-08
BMW Z8 E52 00-03
VW Beetle 00-08, Corrado SLC 90-95, Jetta 93-05, Passat 98-05
If you are unsure if this stud is compatible with your vehicle, please contact us before purchasing.** NOTE: For added safety, we recommend adding Locktite to the stud ends when installing into the hub. Locktite can be purchased at your local hardware store. Studs should be torqued to 65lbs each.
So why use wheel studs instead of wheel bolts?
- Wheel studs are required by many racing bodies - because they are a better, safer way to ensure proper wheel engagement.
- Wheel studs are safer than wheel bolts because you can SEE when the stud is engaging the lug nut completely - a longer wheel stud sticks through the lug nut. A wheel bolt? Its a mystery... only way to know if is engaging the wheel hub completely is to remove it and count the threads when installing.
- Wheel studs allow the use of a variety of hub-centric wheel spacers, or no spacers at all. Longer wheel bolts have to be tailor made to each wheel spacer width.
- Wheel studs stay engaged into the hub fur their entire life cycle. The repetitive installation and removal of wheel bolts can cause accelerated wear on the threaded holes on the (expensive replace) wheel hubs.
- Installing wheels using wheel studs is considerably easier than when using wheel bolts, as the studs will locate the wheel while the nuts are being fastened.